durian fruit

(redirected from durian)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

durian fruit

A prickly fruit from Southeast Asia, the cut flesh of which smells a bit like rotten onions or manure. It has a reputation as an aphrodisiac, given that its fruit contains an oestrogen congener.
References in periodicals archive ?
Unlike other plant species that typically have one or two copies of these genes, this species boasted four copies, demonstrating that VSC production is, as Teh put it, "turbocharged" in durian fruits.
Si je confirme avec l'auteur que le durian partage effectivement l'humanite en deux, j'aimerais montrer qu'on ne peut seulement penser cette opposition comme le fruit d'une habitude inegalement distribuee, mais qu'il convient de la replacer dans un jeu beaucoup plus complexe de rapports tout a la fois culturels, sociaux, cognitifs et historiques.
Cecilia Ang, Executive Director at Foods Wise said, "We are thrilled of its initial market acceptance and will be sending more vacuum packed Musang King Durian to the UK and Europe as we are confident of further demand from this region not only for the fresh durian but also the durian paste used to make durian byproducts such as durian desserts like durian squares with 'oreo' cookies, ice cream, pancakes, tarts, mochi and puffs.
We see it as an advantage as it will encourage more people to buy ready-made furniture," said Saharsh Khaitan, director, Durian industries.
Photographs of the orchard (Horticultural Research Center (HRC), Thailand) and a durian fruit are illustrated in Figs.
Before turning to Fruit Chan's Durian Durian and Hollywood, Hong Kong, I'd like to consider the figure of the migrant in Golden Chicken so as to lay the groundwork for my discussion of the other films.
Returning to scenario one, Durian owns 90 per cent of subsidiary Elm, so the remaining 10 per cent is owned by NCIs.
But if you look and smell past that, durian has a very unique and cool taste.
1 | murad intensive wrinkle reducer for eyes reverses visible signs of aging and prevents future damage with an exclusive recipe for healthy skin, combining the super-fruit durian and glycolic acid.
For dessert, we had the chilled avocado puree with ice-cream and sago; chilled pureed mango, sago and pomelo; and the crispy durian ice-cream.
There are fresh tamarinds, mange tout leaves, galangale, sour mango and durian - large, heavy and viciously spiked fruits with a pungent smell but subtle taste.
I wasn't as fluent as I'd have liked to have been, but the two horses I rode Spanish Land in the Prix de la Providence and Durian in the Prix du Chateau d'Eau ran well, so that's encouraging.