drench(redirected from drenches)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. drenched, drenching, drenches
1. To wet through and through; soak.
2. To administer a large oral dose of liquid medicine to (an animal).
1. The act of wetting or becoming wet through and through.
2. A large dose of liquid medicine, especially one administered to an animal by pouring down the throat.
A dose of medicine that is administered to an animal by pouring it into its mouth.
1. to give medicines in liquid form by mouth and forcing the animal to drink. See also drenching.
2. medicines given as a drench.