Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
I was not disinterested when I began to make love to you.
The evidence that the house is haunted is of two kinds: the testimony of disinterested witnesses who have had ocular proof, and that of the house itself.
Of such a highly disinterested quality was this devoted friendship, and so superior was it to the little weaknesses of flattery or ill- nature, that the kind-hearted Miss Knag candidly informed Kate Nickleby, next day, that she saw she would never do for the business, but that she need not give herself the slightest uneasiness on this account, for that she (Miss Knag), by increased exertions on her own part, would keep her as much as possible in the background, and that all she would have to do, would be to remain perfectly quiet before company, and to shrink from attracting notice by every means in her power.
It was a purely disinterested operation in the strictest sense of the term, and offered not the slightest chance of profit.
These works, which I owe to the high talents and disinterested zeal of the above distinguished authors, could not have been undertaken, had it not been for the liberality of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty's Treasury, who, through the representation of the Right Honourable the Chancellor of the Exchequer, have been pleased to grant a sum of one thousand pounds towards defraying part of the expenses of publication.
The interests with which statesmen and orators deal are usually temporary; the spirit and style which give a spoken address the strongest appeal to an audience often have in them something of superficiality; and it is hard for the orator even to maintain his own mind on the higher level of rational thought and disinterested purpose.
The satisfaction which the captain received from the kind behaviour of Miss Bridget, was not a little abated by his apprehensions of Mr Allworthy; for, notwithstanding his disinterested professions, the captain imagined he would, when he came to act, follow the example of the rest of the world, and refuse his consent to a match so disadvantageous, in point of interest, to his sister.
My daughters are plain, disinterested girls, but their hearts are in the right place, and they've conceived an attachment for you which does them honour--I say, which does them honour.
Honeythunder having signed the remaining few score of a few thousand circulars, calling upon a corresponding number of families without means to come forward, stump up instantly, and be Philanthropists, or go to the Devil, another shabby stipendiary Philanthropist (highly disinterested, if in earnest) gathered these into a basket and walked off with them.
What it says, when you've peeled off a few of the long words which they put in to make it more interesting, is that old Nutcombe leaves you the money because you are the only man who ever did him a disinterested kindness--and what I want to get out of you is, what was the disinterested kindness?
I bear witness, in the most disinterested manner, to the excellence of the stratagem by which this unparalleled woman surprised the private interview between Percival and myself-- also to the marvellous accuracy of her report of the whole conversation from its beginning to its end.
For her own sake,' repeated Bradley, warming, 'and for her brother's, and as a perfectly disinterested person.
Medical browser ?
- disinfection of field of operation
- disinfection, high-level
- disintegration of consciousness
- disintegration, induced nuclear
- disintegration, nuclear
- disintegrative disorder
- disintegrative psychosis
- disjoined pyeloplasty
- disjunctive absorption
- disk drive
- Disk Removal
- disk syndrome
- disk-diffusion test
- diskogenic pain
Full browser ?
- Disintegrin and Metalloprotease-Like Protein
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 10
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 11
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 15
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 17
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 19
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 2
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 20
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 21
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 22
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 23
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 28
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 29
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 30
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 32
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 33
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 7
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase with Thrombospondin Motif-1
- Disintegrin And Reprolysin Metalloproteinase Family Protein
- Disinterested witness
- Disintergrations Per Minute