Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The report also says that personal statements are a further barrier for poorer students, as those from disadvantaged backgrounds are less likely to be supported in preparing these essays.
While some progress has been made with closing the gap for disadvantaged pupils overall, these pupils still fall behind at a rate of two months a year over secondary school," she said.
We first calculate the proportions of older people aged 55 years and over who fall into our deeply economically disadvantaged group as well as the relatively economically advantaged group for each small area.
No indication was given about its proportion of spend targeted at previously disadvantaged Namibians.
He also directed them to spend their time with them disadvantaged mothers in slum settlements and remote rural areas of 12 union councils of Islamabad.
7% of the intake was from disadvantaged neighbourhoods - around 105 students out of about 2,930.
Many disadvantaged communities suffer from limited public transport and without a car, opportunities are highly constrained.
Robert Ferrer of the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, analyzed 2004 data from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey of that year by comparing proportional access to physicians and midlevel practitioners by people disadvantaged by income, health insurance status, race or ethnicity, and rural or urban status.
When engaging the disadvantaged, we need to remember that they confront a host of variables and stressors that affect the psychotherapeutic process.
Kids living in the most disadvantaged communities displayed marked declines in age-appropriate verbal ability over a 7-year span, even after moving to better areas, reports a team led by Harvard University sociologist Robert J.
They show how three measures of social justice are missing from influenza plans across the globe: identification of traditionally disadvantaged groups, civic engagement with these communities, and policies to address their special needs.
He said: "Issues around being disadvantaged are not necessarily only about ethnicity.
Medical browser ?
- disability analysis
- Disability Assessment for Dementia Scale
- disability insurance
- Disability Living Allowance
- disability management intervention team
- Disability Rating Scale
- disability register
- Disability Rights Commission
- disability-adjusted life year
- disability-adjusted life years
- disability-free life expectancy
- disabled infant
- disabled infectious single cycle virus
- disablement model
- disaccharidase deficiency
- disaccharide intolerance
- disappearing bone disease
- disarray coefficient
- Disaster Committee
- disaster medical assistance team
- disaster medicine
- Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team
- disaster planning
- Disaster Privileges
- Disaster Psychiatry
- disaster recovery plan
- disaster syndrome
- disaster-preparedness plan
Full browser ?
- Disadvantage in Getting A Job
- Disadvantaged Assistance Tracking and Outcome Report
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Liaison Officer
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- Disadvantaged Minority/Women's Business Enterprise Program
- Disadvantaged Pupil Impact Aid
- Disadvantaged Women Business Enterprise