digital(redirected from digital cushion)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. pertaining to a finger or toe.
2. pertaining to an electronic system in which information is carried by a discontinuous signal that changes in frequency, amplitude, or polarity and has a finite number of levels, rather than a continuous range as in an analog device.
1. Relating to or resembling a digit or digits or an impression made by them; based on numeric methodology.
2. Of or relating to a numeric representation of information, especially for use by computers.
1. of, pertaining to, or performed with, a finger.
2. resembling the imprint of a finger.
3. relating to data that is represented in the form of discrete numeric symbols.
a. Relating to or resembling a digit, especially a finger.
b. Operated or done with the fingers: a digital switch.
c. Having digits.
Etymology: L, digitus, finger
1 pertaining to a digit, that is, a finger or toe.
2 resembling a finger or toe. See also digitate.
3 an electronic device that gives its reading/values in numbers, e.g., digital clock.
1 the characterization or measurement of a signal in terms of a series of numbers rather than some continuously varying value.
2 use of the binary system in computer technology, or computerized communications, such as digital telephone, pagers, and cellular telephones.
Referring to a finger or toe.
Pertaining to computerised technology and communication.
digitaladjective Pertaining to computer-based technology and data
1. Relating to or resembling a digit or digits or an impression made by them.
2. Based on numeric methodology.
Relating to or resembling a digit or digits or an impression made by them.
emanating from or pertaining to the digit.
a wedge-shaped mass of white and elastic fibers mixed with some fat and islands of cartilage overlying the frog of the horse's hoof and acting as a shock absorbing mechanism.
a major cause of herd lameness that has spread to occur in most countries.
Characterized by round, proliferative, painful, raised lesion on the back of the lower pastern just above the digital cleft, most commonly on hindlimb of cattle, especially heifers. Invasive spirochete (Treponema phagedenis-like spirochetes) in lesion. Responds well to antibiotic treatment but in dairy cattle, milk withholding requirements make this uneconomic and treatment and control is usually with antibacterials in footbaths. Called also Mortellaro's disease.
digital nerve block
local anesthesia of a digit, effected by a ring block in which a transverse plane is infiltrated, a local intravenous injection, or by a local block of individual nerves. The latter is more prone to failure if the anatomy of the part is not well established.
regional intravenous digital nerve block
local anesthesia procured by ligaturing the digit and injecting the local anesthetic. The anesthetic is left confined to the digit for the duration of the ligaturing. A preferred technique for cattle digital surgery.
a common synovial sheath shared, in ruminants and horses, by the superficial and deep digital flexor tendons.