diagnose

(redirected from diagnosed)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to diagnosed: diagnosis, bipolar

diagnose

 [di´ag-nōs]
to identify or recognize a disease.

di·ag·nose

(dī-ag-nōs'),
To make a diagnosis.

diagnose

/di·ag·nose/ (di´ag-nōs) to identify or recognize a disease.

diagnose

(dī′əg-nōs′, -nōz′)
v. diag·nosed, diag·nosing, diag·noses
v.tr.
1. To distinguish or identify (a disease, for example) by diagnosis.
2. To identify (a person) as having a particular disease or condition by means of a diagnosis.
3. To analyze the nature or cause of: diagnose the reasons for an economic downturn.
v.intr.
To make a diagnosis.

di′ag·nos′a·ble adj.

diagnose

[dī′agnōs]
to determine the type and cause of a health condition on the basis of signs and symptoms of the patient; data obtained from laboratory analysis of fluid, tissue specimens, and other tests; and family and occupational background information, such as recent injuries or exposure to toxic substances. See also diagnosis.

di·ag·nose

(dī-ăg-nōs')
To make a diagnosis.

di·ag·nose

(dī-ăg-nōs')
To make a diagnosis.

diagnose,

v to distinguish irregularities and other issues of concern based upon a patient's examination and interview.

diagnose

to identify or recognize a disease.

Patient discussion about diagnose

Q. How is the diagnosis of autism made? My friend has a child who is suspected to have autism. I wanted to find out more about making the diagnosis of autism.

A. Diagnosing autism is not an easy task, especially when there are several other conditions that might confuse the clinician with this disorder or spectrum of disorders. The child usually has several symptoms that suggest an autistic disorder, such as impaired social behavior. Several diagnostic instruments (tests) are available. Two are commonly used in autism research: the Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised (ADI-R) is a semistructured parent interview, and the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) uses observation and interaction with the child. The Childhood Autism Rating Scale (CARS) is used widely in clinical environments to assess severity of autism based on observation of children.
A pediatrician commonly performs a preliminary investigation by taking developmental history and physically examining the child.. If warranted, diagnosis and evaluations are conducted with help from ASD specialists, observing and assessing cognitive, communication, family, and other factors

Q. Is the diagnosis correct? I have been diagnosed bipolar and was previously diagnosed with depression and ADHD how I know the diagnosis is correct this time?

A. a psychologist/psychiatrist should also have the possibility with a questionary to detect if you have bipolar disorder and/or adhd. i have both and live with it since i am a child. i had my first "out-of-control"-crisis with 29 years. in the meantime i am 46 (in two days) and i still live! i had also many times the wish to make suicide, but this is the worst solution. do you live alone? do you have a dog? do you have a job? what are your talents? what do you love to do in life? write it down and look what you could put on a focus. what are the things you do daily that allows you to stop thinking of all your trouble? write it down. to make a puzzle? play chess with your neighbor? to chat online? you only can collect what could help you in such cases to keep the bad thoughts you have away from yourself. there is always at least one good solution. i give you here some ideas. never give up! thank you

Q. Who was the first person to be diagnosed with ADHD? Here is a question which I find very difficult to get an answer. Who was the first person to be diagnosed with ADHD? Take it easy to answer me my new friend. Thanks in advance.

More discussions about diagnose
References in periodicals archive ?
We did everything perfectly," said Len Chatman, when his wife, Cheryl, was diagnosed in 1990.
The day after Murphee diagnosed her, mom and daughter were in the hospital waiting room for her first eye exam, which must be done under anesthetic.
During the study period, 66 cases were diagnosed in Toronto.
Second, remind your staff that we cannot possibly know if the camper was tested and diagnosed properly, so it is not our place to question it.
Mixed states and rapid cycling have been reported in over 70 percent of children diagnosed with early-onset bipolar disorder (State et al.
However, if a child's medical condition is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and, although diagnosed by a doctor, the child attends a school for the musically talented--with only a general program to address the challenges of ADHD--chances are the IRS will challenge the tuition's deductibility.
No wonder that 70 percent of women with ovarian cancer are diagnosed in the late stages of the disease, when the chance of surviving five years is only 30 percent.
The data revealed that new-onset asthma was diagnosed about 1.
Finally, the rate of infection differed significantly by the setting in which the mother was diagnosed (48% among infants of women diagnosed in an STD clinic, 60% among those of patients diagnosed in women's health clinics and 82% among those of women seen in other institutions).
In this article, we describe the case of an infant who was diagnosed in such a manner.
Family members of a person diagnosed with Marfan syndrome should not assume they are not affected if there is no knowledge that the disorder existed in previous generations of the family.
Epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident and the five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in the 7MM is supported by age- and sex-specific data for the incidence.