deoxycoformycin

de·ox·y·co·for·my·cin

(dē-oks'ē-kō-fōr-mī'sin),
A purine analogue that acts as an antimetabolite; potent inhibitor of adenosine deaminase. Used as an antineoplastic agent.
References in periodicals archive ?
The scientists went on to investigate the effects of a cancer drug called deoxycoformycin which makes it harder for tissues to remove adenosine.
He did not respond to treatment with interferon alfa ([Alpha]-IFN), but achieved long-term remission following treatment with deoxycoformycin (Pentostatin).
In the trials, Nipent, also known as pentostatin or deoxycoformycin, produced a complete response in 68 percent of patients and a partial response in 7 percent of patients -- a combined (total) response of 75 percent.