I also said it was unlikely that a man of his great scientific knowledge would have chosen such uncertain methods as these to kill himself - a pruning knife and co-proxamol
Pathologist Mark Lord found in a post mortem examination that Mr Williams had taken an overdose of the painkilling tablets co-proxamol
, and alcohol.
Dr Kelly had also taken an overdose of co-proxamol
He also found the scientist took an overdose of co-proxamol
tablets - a painkiller commonly used for arthritis - and that he was suffering from an undiagnosed heart condition.
But Michael Powers QC, a former assistant coroner, said the cuts would not have caused him to bleed to death, and that there was only a nor-r mal dose of co-proxamol
present in Dr Kelly's body.
A gradual phase-out of co-proxamol
led to 350 fewer suicides and accidental deaths in England and Wales, a study in the British Medical Journal reports.
Systematic overview of co-proxamol
to assess analgesic effects of addition of dextropropoxyphene to paracetamol.
Coroner Phillip Walters recorded a verdict of accidental death, stating the cause of death as an overdose of Co-Proxamol
QI WAS treated with co-proxamol
for years for back pain but now it has been taken off the market because of safety issues.
QWHY is my GP stopping my co-proxamol
painkillers, which I use for my hip arthritis, and what can I use instead?
is associated with between 300 and 400 accidental and intentional fatal overdoses each year in the UK.
is linked to between 300 and 400 intentional and accidental fatal overdoses each year in the UK.