burr(redirected from burring)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
a form of drill used for creating openings in bone or similar hard material. Also spelled burr.
bur(ber), This spelling is preferred to burr.
1. A rotary cutting instrument.
2. In ophthalmology, a device used to remove rust rings embedded in the cornea.
a rotary instrument fitted into a handpiece and used to cut teeth or bone. Also spelled bur.
burrA drill bit used to cut hard tissues (e.g., enamel, bone) in dentistry or orthopaedics.
burrA drill bit used to cut hard tissues–enamel, bone in dentistry or orthopaedics
A rotary cutting instrument, used in dentistry, consisting of a small metal shaft and a head designed in various shapes; used at various rotational velocities to excavate decay, shape cavity forms, and reduce tooth structure.
burra drill bit/rotary cutting instrument used to reduce nail plate thickness or callosity
1. a plant seed capsule carrying many hooked structures which catch in animal coats thus promoting dissemination of the plant. The word is also used as a collective name for plants that carry burrs, e.g. Noogoora burr, Buffalo burr, burr medic, burr trefoil.
2. a surgical instrument. See bur.
3. the irregular cartilage formation seen inside a dog's ear.
physical injury to tongue by foreign bodies especially plant awns and burrs.