breast massA general term for any circumscribed lump in the breast, which may be benign (e.g., breast abscess, fat necrosis, fibroadenoma, fibrocystic disease) or malignant (cancer).
breast massBreast lump Surgical oncology A breast lump that is either benign–eg, breast abscess, fat necrosis, fibroadenoma, fibrocystic disease, or malignant–CA. See Breast biopsy.
Patient discussion about breast mass
Q. What are the different type of breast lumps... what are the different type of breast lumps being confused by many as breast cancer and what are their symptoms?
1) General lump – which are like nodules and they may come and go soon.
2) Abscess lump – also called cyst are fluid fill sacs and may be due to infection.
3) Adenomas – abnormal growth of tissues, like fibroadenomas , it’s a benign tumor.
4) Atypical hyperplasia – fast growing abnormal cells
5) Blood clots – some time blood clot in the vein is mistaken for lumps and as cancer even.
Q. Lump in the breast! Hi buddy! My gf is 30. For the past 3 months she is feeling something hard, marble like and lumpy in her breast which moves within its own place. I don't get on with her GP so don't want to go about this lump. Is there anywhere in UK where I can take her and have a mammogram and pay?
Q. I had found a lump during self breast examination.why is the lump growing? ) I am 23 years old. I had found a lump during self breast examination. I didn’t have pain in my breast. I went to the doctor for checkup. Many tests were done and no treatment is prescribed. No medicines were given. I suddenly found that the lump had almost doubled in size a month after my check with the doctor. They had previously told me that I do not have breast cancer. If that’s the case, why is the lump growing?