breast lesionA generic term for a benign or malignant lump or bump in the breast.
Cancer risks by breast lesion
No proliferative disease; no increased cancer risk
• Apocrine change;
• Adenosis including florid;
• Duct ectasia;
• Mild epithelial hyperplasia of usual type.
Slight risk; 1.5–2-fold increase
• Hyperplasia of usual type, moderate or florid;
• Sclerosing adenosis, papilloma.
Moderate risk; 4–5-fold increase
• Atypical hyperplasia or borderline lesions;
• Atypical ductal hyperplasia or atypical lobular hyperplasia.
High risk; 8–10-fold increase
• Lobular carcinonoma in situ;
• Non-comedo DCIS.