bilious(redirected from biliously)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Synonym(s): biliary
2. Relating to or characteristic of biliousness.
3. Formerly, denoting a temperament characterized by a quick, irritable temper. Synonym(s): choleric
1. Of, relating to, or containing bile; biliary.
a. Characterized by an excess secretion of bile.
b. Relating to, characterized by, or experiencing gastric distress caused by a disorder of the liver or gallbladder.
c. Appearing as if affected by such a disorder; sickly.
Etymology: L, bilis, bile
1 pertaining to bile.
2 characterized or affected by disordered liver function and especially excessive secretion of bile.
biliaryReferring to bile, bile ducts or the gallbladder.
1. Relating to or characteristic of biliousness.
2. Formerly, denoting a temperament characterized by a quick, irritable temper.