leave(redirected from being left for dead)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
leave, leave day, therapeutic leave day
Patient discussion about leave
Q. What happens if you leave appendicitis alone? I have symptoms of appendicitis, but I don't want to go to the hospital. What should I do? and what could happen?
Q. Any ideas about why she leaves some food in her plate. Thank you for your visit. My daughter is 8 years old and she is a poor eater. She never wants to eat dinner even if it's her favorite dish. And then she picks it and an hour later she says that she feels hungry. She never completes her plate, always leaving a bit, no matter what we feed her. Should she be forced to eat dinner and if she doesn't, have only the dinner to eat later? Any ideas about why she leaves some food in her plate?
Some other things that you might do to help deal with your picky eater include:
• Make sure that she isn't eating a big snack after school or filling up on juice, soda, or even milk before dinner.
• Offer her smaller portions so that there isn't as much left over on her plate.
• Don’t offer bribes or rewards for eating.
• Never talk about dieting, calories, and such, especially if she or other family members have problems with being overweight. Instead, talk about eating healthy.
• Consider not offering her anything else to eat if she misses dinner or just offer a small, healthy snack.
Mainly a visit to your Pediatrician to monitor her growth, development and eating habits would also be a good idea. Hug her now!
Q. What makes me worried that it’s really painful but might not be able to leave all of a sudden. Doctor diagnosed my son with peanut allergy after some tests. His body generates rashes and these eruptions are painful for him. I thought it big to be eczema as I heard about it, but now it is diagnosed and I am not able to decide how to avoid him of not giving peanuts and to keep him away as he likes them. Once near to me I can try to avoid to some extent, but once away to school or in playing with friends he does eat them regularly. What makes me worried that it’s really painful but might not be able to leave all of a sudden.