Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
In 1994, I had the wonderful and unique opportunity to join the faculty of the Hannover University of Music, Drama and Media, and to establish an institute dedicated to research, prevention and treatment in performing arts medicine.
While Dutch dancers seemed to have good access to and perceptions of the medical profession prior to seeking treatment from a dance medicine specialist, these variables improved with treatment by trained performing arts medicine doctors.
It is important for health care professionals to assemble interdisciplinary teams and to affiliate with arts medicine specialists and other disciplines to provide comprehensive care for voice patients.
Similar collaboration and trust are developing in other areas of arts medicine, albeit slowly in some instances.
Kenneth Brandt received support from both the dean of the Indiana University School of Music and the dean of the IU School of Medicine to establish the Performing Arts Medicine Clinic at the IU Medical Center.
This literature review presents a range of innovative medical applications of music in stress management, biofeedback, psychoneuroimmunology, pain relief and performing arts medicine.
Organizations such as the International Association for Dance Medicine & Science, the Performing Arts Medicine Association, and the Performing Arts Special Interest Group of the Orthopedic Section of the American Physical Therapy Association strive to educate healthcare professionals, dance educators, and dancers.
2) However, the concepts of arts medicine have evolved into a medical specialty, primarily since the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Dunk'N'Funk 2002 was, in fact, a celebrity basketball tournament in aid of the British Performing Arts Medicine Trust.
A new addition to the growing body of literature dealing with the medical problems of performing artists, IJAM is the offical organ of the The International Arts Medicine Association (IAMA) and The International Society for Music in Medicine (ISMIM).
While performing arts medicine is a relatively new field compared to sports medicine, the medical problems of performing artists are alarmingly common and career threatening.
Dancers are superior athletes and usually in superb condition when they deliver," says Keith Reeves, MD, a gynecologist and obstetrician at the Center for Performing Arts Medicine at The Methodist Hospital in Houston.
Medical browser ?
- artificial tears
- artificial tetanus
- artificial tooth
- Artificial Turf
- artificial urinary sphincter
- artificial vagina
- artificial ventilation
- artificial ventilation (artificial respiration)
- artificial Vichy salt
- artificial vision
- artificially acquired immunity
- artificially paced beat
- artisan's cramp
- artistic anatomy
- artistic temperament
- ARTS II
- arts medicine
- ARTS–diabetes substudy
- Artyfechinostomum malayanum
- arum family poisoning
- arum lily
- arycorniculate synchondrosis
- aryepiglottic fold
- aryepiglottic muscle
- aryepiglottic part of oblique arytenoid (muscle)
- aryl acylamidase
- aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase
- aryl phosphates
Full browser ?
- Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
- Arts Foundation of New Zealand
- Arts from the Heart
- Arts Graphiques Numériques
- Arts Group of Union Avenue
- Arts High School Alumni Association
- ARTS II
- ARTS III
- Arts in a Multicultural Australia
- Arts in Basic Curriculum
- Arts in education
- Arts in Education Aid Council
- Arts in Education Aid Council, Inc.
- Arts in Education Institute
- Arts in Education Model Development and Dissemination
- Arts in the Community
- Arts Industry Council Victoria
- Arts Institute at Bournemouth
- Arts Institutes
- ARTS Integration Laboratory
- Arts Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory
- Arts Internet Radio
- ARTS Iron File Change Request
- Arts Law Centre of Queensland
- Arts League of Lowell
- Arts Management Advisory Group
- Arts Management Internship
- Arts Marketing Association
- Arts Martiaux Bordeaux Victoire
- Arts Martiaux Saint-Herblain
- arts medicine
- Arts Medicine Aotearoa New Zealand
- Arts Mid North Coast
- Arts Network East Gippsland
- Arts Network for Children and Youth
- Arts Network for Integrated Media Applications
- Arts Network Japan
- Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas
- Arts of design
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Arts Off Broadway
- Arts Online Educational DatabasE
- Arts Orange County
- Arts Presenters of Northern New England
- Arts Projects Australia
- Arts Quarter Collective
- Arts Recognition and Talent Search
- Arts Research and Training Institute in Southern Tagalog
- Arts Research Center
- Arts Research Graduate School
- Arts Research in Progress
- ARTS Safety Working Group
- ARTS Software Development System
- Arts Square
- Arts student
- Arts Theme House
- Arts Undergraduate Society
- Arts University Bournemouth
- Arts University College at Bournemouth
- Arts Verstandelijk Gehandicapten
- Arts Work Experience Internship Program