allogeneic(redirected from allogeneically)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. corresponding in structure, position, origin, or other aspects.
3. pertaining to an antibody and the antigen that elicited its production.
al·lo·gen·ic, allogeneic (al-ō-jen'ik, -jĕ-nē'ik),
Used in transplantation biology. It pertains to different gene constitutions within the same species; antigenically distinct.
1. having cell types that are antigenically distinct.
Being genetically different although belonging to or obtained from the same species: allogeneic tissue grafts.
allogeneicadjective Referring to genetic differences among individuals of the same species. Two or more individuals are said to be allogeneic when the genes at one or more loci are not identical in sequence.
allogeneicadjective Relating to that which is genetically dissimilar, but of the same species
1. Pertaining to the range of genetic differences in different individuals of the same species.
2. Of a donated graft from a non-identical donor.
A transplant where the donated material comes from different (although often related) individual than the recipient
al·lo·gen·ic, allogeneic (al-ō-jen'ik, -jĕ-nē'ik)
As used in transplantation biology, it pertains to different gene constitutions within the same species; antigenically distinct.
denoting individuals of the same species but of different genetic constitution (antigenically distinct).