aggregate

(redirected from aggregately)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.

aggregate

 [ag´rĕ-gat]
individuals, families, or other groupings who are associated because of similar social, personal, health care, or other needs or interests.

ag·gre·gate

(ag'rĕ-gāt),
1. To unite or come together in a mass or cluster.
2. The total of individual units making up a mass or cluster.
[L. ag-grego, pp. -atus, to add to, fr. grex (greg-), a flock]

aggregate

/ag·gre·gate/
1. (ag´rĕ-gāt) to crowd or cluster together.
2. (ag´rĕ-git) crowded or clustered together.
3. (ag´rĕ-git) a mass or assemblage.

aggregate

[ag′rəgāt]
Etymology: L, ad + gregare, to gather together
1 the total of a group of substances or components making up a mass or complex. Data on individual patients can be aggregated to allow conclusions about the patient population to be made.
2 See aggregation.

Aggregate

Epidemiology A group of persons who share one or more traits or characteristics without necessarily having had any direct social connection.
Examples All female doctors; all European cities with populations over 20,000; all coal miners.
Zoology A group of species within a genus, but not a subgenus; a group of subspecies, often written within brackets.

ag·gre·gate

(ag'rĕ-gāt)
1. To unite or come together in a mass or cluster.
2. The total of individual units making up a mass or cluster.
[L. ag-grego, pp. -atus, to add to, fr. grex (greg-), a flock]
References in periodicals archive ?
In the first stage, we run real activity-based earnings management (RM_Proxy) and corporate governance individually (B_SCALE,B_MEET, OUTSIDE, O_ACTIVITY, and O_EXPERT) or aggregately (CORP_INDEX), where we control for firm size (SIZE) and size dummy (SIZE DUMMY) (14).
Longitudinally, the 12-year time period we consider exhibits a notable increase in activity in the years 1997-2001, which aggregately amounts to 60 percent of the total, while the tails of the distribution are rather even and symmetrical, sharing the remaining 40 percent.
You can say what you want about the media, and some are better than others in the Middle East, but aggregately it's far better than it was a decade ago.
Table 5 displays the top ten capacity factors of highest significance aggregately and regionally to highlight the areas of principal concern.
A human being, then, is a substance that exists, has a set of specific capacities, acts, and cannot be reduced to his parts taken individually or aggregately.
Users pay a one-time perpetual license fee based only on the actual compressed capacity of data that is centrally stored aggregately across all sites.
Since the university reports all degrees in education aggregately, without regard to major field, level, or specialization, this paper follows that practice.
But aggregately, during the crises of the late 1960s, the faculty was able to act only in a manner that undercut their president.
In addition, demographics (age, race, sex) and comorbidity data were trended aggregately as an aside to demonstrate the different kinds of data available to the M+COs and other health care organizations.
The information in Table 2 is presented aggregately because Chi-square analyses identified no significant differences in participants' responses based on their role (e.
The developer had argued that the unsold lots should be valued aggregately using a wholesale valuation.
Aggregately, these changes should improve access, user capability, and the use of FEMS to enhance equipment maintenance.

Full browser ?