Patient discussion about O

!!! The questions and answers on this page are written by patients and are not reviewed by health professionals.

Q. My 11 y/o son eyes appear to have a slight yellow in the whites toward the corners.

I am assuming he will need blood work, but does anyone have any idea what may be the cause?
AIf it's not a spot, but rather a diffuse color, it may be jaundice - high levels in the blood of a substance called bilirubin (

If your child is generally healthy, and this change appeared without any overt problem (e.g. liver disease or blood problem), or your child had fever or fasted recently, this jaundice may represents Gilbert syndrome. It's a syndrome of slightly elevated levels of bilirubin, and considered not dangerous.

You may read more here:

Q. How can you tell that your depressed? and when you find out you are, can you get treatment w/o parents consent

I believe i am depressed.. i want to get help but i don't want to go to my parents. They are not the greatest and i want some sort of medicine. I was just wondering if i could get a over the counter medicine for cheap...
A1find something you like to do; my children when they were down, used to go to the net an make a music CD from free music web sites on line.there are a lot,I will give you some----LIMEWIRECOM---ROCKETCOM---IMEST-keep your mind doing somthing-make a play list on your computor,play with your cat/dog-I have 5 cats they keep me going.find out if you like ART/drawing--read a good book--watch a good muvie(not a sad one)----------get better-----mrfoot56
A2When you are depressed everything seemed not working or you're absolutely tired of life, but when depression set in, see depression as enemy that wants to pull you down.Say to yourself i will not be depressed, because i am happy. You can overcome it by smiling at it and say to yourself: Whenever something good is about to happen to me that is when you usually show face.This time around no way i have overcome you, smile, make yourself happy,have a shower, sing or play music,see it no more in your mind and perservere in whatever your goals of pursuit.
A3I agree with Steve H. Though I haven't used medicine to alleviate my problems, counseling has helped me immensely. Having someone you can trust to talk about these problems will really help.
This content is provided by iMedix and is subject to iMedix Terms. The Questions and Answers are not endorsed or recommended and are made available by patients, not doctors.