Scedosporium

Scedosporium

(se-dō-spōr'ē-um),
An imperfect fungus of the form-class Hyphomycetes; anamorph of Pseudallescheria.

Scedosporium

/Sce·do·spo·ri·um/ (se″do-spor´e-um) an imperfect fungus of the form-class Hyphomycetes; it is the anamorph of Pseudallescheria. S. angiosper´mum is the anamorph of Pseudallescheria boydii and is an agent of mycetoma.

Sce·do·spor·i·um

(sē-dō-spō'rē-ŭm)
An imperfect fungus of the form-class Hyphomycetes; anamorph of Pseudallescheria.

Scedosporium

(sed″ŏ-spōr′ē-ŭm)
A species of filamentous fungi that grow in soil and are occasionally responsible for fungal infections in humans (e.g., in the lung after inhalation, in skin, or in contaminated wounds). Two pathogenic species are S. apiospermum and S.prolificans.
References in periodicals archive ?
Members of the genus Pseudallescheria, producing Scedosporium and eventually Graphium synanamorphs, are frequently found in subcutaneous and systemic infections.
Among the isolates Aspergillus species formed 67% and the remaining 33% was found by Geotrichum, Scedosporium, and Apophysomyces species equally.
Proceeds of the financing will be used to advance the development of Amplyxs lead candidate APX001 into Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of invasive candidiasis, aspergillosis, and rare molds, including Fusarium, Scedosporium, and fungi from the Mucorales order.
I, Pigmented hyphae of Scedosporium apiospermum from a drained abscess at a port site on the chest wall (Papanicolaou, original magnification X40).
The product has received orphan drug designation for four indications: the treatment of invasive candidiasis, invasive aspergillosis, coccidioidomycosis, and rare mold infections caused by Scedosporium spp, Fusarium spp, and Mucorales fungi.
cepacia complex CF02 Missed by NGS16S Yeast CF06 Presumptive Scedosporium species P.
Scedosporium is a saprobic fungus that naturally occurs in soil, manure, sewage, and water bodies polluted by environmental contaminants.
Phase Two clinical trials in Invasive Aspergillosis and Scedosporium prolificans infections are planned for the end of 2016.
It's difficultly to diagnose Scedosporium infection because there is the lack of specific symptoms and signs of fungal infection.
Over 90% of fungal infections are caused by Candida and Aspergillus species; however, there has been an increase in fungal infections caused by rarer species, including Trichosporon, Pseudellescheria, Fusarium, and Scedosporium [2].
8) Infections caused by species of Acremonium, Alternaria, Aspergillus, Candida, Cephalosporium, Curvularia, Fusarium, Pseudallescheria, and Scedosporium have been reported in dogs (9); whereas, in humans, the most common organisms include Fusarium, Candida, and Aspergillus species.
Dentro de las infecciones micoticas invasivas mas frecuentes se encuentran candida, criptococosis, Scedosporium spp.