Rh-negative


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to Rh-negative: rhesus factor, Rh factor, Rh positive

Rh-negative

(är′āch-nĕg′ə-tĭv)
adj.
Lacking an Rh factor.
References in periodicals archive ?
Without immunization, about 13% of Rh-negative women who carry an Rh-positive fetus will become immunized.
Kim Gun-shik of Tokyo Korean Christian Church in Japan and his wife was born with this same incompatibility of the Rh-negative blood group, or erythroblastosis fetalis.
Eventually researchers hope to be able to take all donated blood and produce type O, Rh-negative blood, the "universal donor" blood that can't harm anyone who receives it.
Moreover, an Rh-negative person can withstand one accidental transfusion of Rh-positive blood because the Rh-negative person doesn't develop anti-Rh antibodies until 3 or 4 months later, Klein says.
1, "Interpretation criteria shall be established to prevent the mistyping of an Rh-negative patient as Rh positive due to exposure to Rhpositive red cells.
There was no relationship between GBS colonization rates and Rh status among the 6,423 Rh-positive and 1,229 Rh-negative patients.
People with Rh-negative blood, including A-, B- and O-, comprise just 15% of the population, yet their blood can be safely transfused to the remaining 85%.
FETALSCREEN II Fetal Maternal Hemorrhage Screening Test is a simple, qualitative test that detects D (Rho) positive fetal red-blood cells in the maternal circulation of pregnant Rh-negative women for the detection, prevention, and management of hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN), a serious autoimmune disease caused by incompatibility between the mother's and baby's blood.
HDN is a serious and sometimes fatal disorder in which antibodies produced by a pregnant Rh-negative woman attack the red blood cells of her Rh-positive fetus.
Can an Rh-positive parent have an Rh-negative child?
Its primary indication is for preventing hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN), a serious and sometimes fatal disorder in which antibodies produced by a pregnant, Rh-negative woman attack the red blood cells of her Rh-positive fetus or newborn.
population are AB, and Rh-negative individuals comprise about 15%.