Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
saccharomyces boulardii(sak-a-roe-mye-seez boo-lar-dee) ,
Brewer's yeast(trade name),
Adverse Reactions/Side Effects
- ↑ thirst
InteractionsAntifungals may decrease effectiveness of Saccharomyces boulardii None.
- Assess patient for abdominal distention, presence of bowel sounds, and usual pattern of bowel function.
- Assess color, consistency, and amount of stool produced.
- Lab Test Considerations: Monitor CBC periodically during therapy.
Potential Nursing DiagnosesDiarrhea (Indications)
- Oral: Administer as directed.
- Instruct patient to take as directed.
- Advise female patient to notify health care professional if pregnancy is planned or suspected or if breastfeeding.
- Resolution of diarrhea and decrease in number of loose stools.
Patient discussion about Probiotics
Q. I have heard probiotics, how do we maintain them naturally? I have heard probiotics i.e. useful bacteria should be maintained in the human guts…..how do we maintain them naturally?
Q. I wish to know whether consumption of probiotics in the form of medicine will have any side effects. I wish to know whether consumption of probiotics in the form of medicine will have any side effects. I wish to know the probable causes that could reduce them in gut?
Q. Dysbacteriosis I got dysbacteriosis when i was baby( too many antibiotic injections). I take probiotic every day(about 6 pills per day), but it doesn't realy help me. My doctor said, that it's no treatment. It is true? Any advice?
The treatment of dysbacteriosis must be complex, and are included the following measures:
-The correction of imunnogo status;
-Deliverance from the already existing infections;
-The elimination of the excess bacterial sowing of the small intestine;
-The restoration of normal microbial flora of thick gut;
-an improvement in the intestinal digestion and suction;
-the restoration of the disrupted motor activity of bowels;
-the stimulation of the reactivity of organism.
The correctly selected diet and fermentation preparations contribute to the treatment of dysbacteriosis. With dysbacteriosis the collection of products must correspond in composition and quantity of food substances, fermentative possibilities of the pathologically changed small intestine.