Polya(redirected from Pólya)
Jenö (Eugene), Hungarian surgeon, 1876-1944. See: Pólya gastrectomy, Pólya operation, Reichel-Pólya stomach procedure.
1. Abbreviation for poly(adenylic acid).
2. Iridoid indole alkaloid isolated from Vinca sp.; may have pharmacologic applications; falling in this class are vinblastine and vincristine.
3. Excretion of d-glycerate in the urine; found in renal calculi.
4. An inborn error in metabolism resulting in d-glyceric aciduria (1).
5. A class of basic antibiotic peptides found in neutrophils that apparently kill bacteria by causing membrane damage.