National Cancer Intelligence Network
Also found in: Acronyms.
National Cancer Intelligence NetworkA UK-wide initiative to improve standards of cancer care and clinical outcomes by improving the information collected about cancer patients for analysis, publication and research. The NCIN works closely with cancer services in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and in England, where it is part of the National Cancer Programme.
Goals, National Cancer Intelligence Network
• Promote efficient and effective data collection throughout the cancer journey;
• Provide a common national repository for cancer data sets;
• Produce expert analyses;
• Monitor patterns of cancer care;
• Exploit information to drive improvements in cancer care and clinical outcomes;
• Enable use of cancer information to support audit and research programmes.