Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
1. a person who excludes from the diet all animal flesh (meats and fish), but will eat foods of vegetable origin as well as milk and milk products.
2. pertaining to such a diet.
1. One who lives on a mixed diet of milk and milk products, eggs, and vegetables, but eschews meat.
2. A vegetarian who consumes milk and dairy products but not eggs or meats or seafood.
1. one who practices lactovegetarianism.
2. pertaining to lactovegetarianism.
one whose diet consists of milk and milk products (lacto) in addition to foods of vegetable origin but does not include eggs, meat, fish, or poultry.
One who lives on a mixed diet of milk and milk products, eggs, and vegetables, but avoids meat or seafood.