Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
Also found in: Acronyms.
Joint Strategic Needs AssessmentA mechanism by which Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) and local authorities in the UK work together to anticipate the future healthcare and well-being needs of their community by ensuring that services meet those needs. JSNAs are designed to inform and drive future investment priorities and thereby plan services more effectively. JSNAs highlight local priorities for improving health, preventing illness and reducing health inequalities by:
• Reducing premature mortality and improve life expectancy;
• Addressing the needs of those with long-term conditions;
• Responding to an ageing society and the needs of older people;
• Improving children and young people's life chances;
• Increasing healthy lifestyles and breaking the cycle of deprivation;
• Assessing needs in health and social care, to instruct commissioning of local services.