HI test

HI test

(āch′ī′)

Patient discussion about HI test

Q. hi everyone……I would like to ask everyone how reliable are the self tests that are being carried out for this. hi everyone……I would like to ask everyone how reliable are the self tests that are being carried out for pregnancy? I did try few at home and results are negative but I can see that my symptoms are pretty positive...……. Should I visit the doctor or can I rely on the test that I did myself?

A. They are very reliable, however if they are done too soon or not done properly they can be negative when there is actually a pregnancy. However, they will NOT give a positive if there is NOT a pregnancy.

The best time to take the test is first thing in the morning and using the first urine of the day. It contains the highest level of the pregnancy hormones.

More discussions about HI test
References in periodicals archive ?
HI test with ferret anti-serum against A(H1N1)pdm09 (CA09), seasonal H3N2(Vic11,BR10/07 and Perth09), classical swine subtype H1N1(NJ76), and the seasonal influenza subtype H1N1 viruses (BR59/07, SI06) showed that the HB/1250/12 virus is antigenically indistinguishable from NJ76 and CA09, but different from subtype H3N2 viruses (Vic11, BR10/07, and Perth09) and seasonal subtype H1N1 viruses(BR59/07, SI06,) (online Technical Appendix Table; wwwnc.
As a companion to the Hydraulic Institute Standards, together with the HI Test Standards, the Engineering Data Book completes the data for solving problems related to the pumping and transfer of fluids.
Seroprevalence rates for influenza A viruses among fattening pigs as determined by ELISA and HI testing, Reunion Island, 2010 and 2011 * Time of sampling Antinucleoprotein campaign (total ELISA A(H1N1)pdm09 HI test no.
Dengue monotypic positive samples were further titrated in HI test.
Of the 87 index patients, 72 (83%) had visited the hospital for illness and had laboratory-confirmed pandemic (H1N1) 2009 infection (PCR-positive test results, HI titer [greater than or equal to] 40, or both); the remaining 15 (17%) index patients attended community clinics and were identified by having titers [greater than or equal to] 40 for pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus on HI test when household investigations were done.
Two passages of virus isolation were conducted, and allantoic fluid was tested for H5 antigen of avian influenza by using the HI test.
The HI test will clearly fail to differentiate here between established SIVs and pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus.
Serum samples were also tested for H5-specific antibodies by HI test with 4 hemagglutinating units of homotypic virus as antigen according to standardized methods (14).
Serodiagnosis of DENV infection was conducted by using the HI test and an immunoglobulin M ELISA (Focus Diagnostics, Cypress, CA, USA).
However, the HI test is insensitive for the detection of antibody to avian HA; there also are no recognized clinical correlates of immune protection for neutralization antibody (33,34).
Both the hemagglutination-inhibition (HI) and agar gel precipitin (AGP) tests were able to detect postinoculation antibodies in surviving wood ducks and laughing gulls; the HI test was more sensitive than the AGP in the remaining 4 species.
Serum samples, taken in late December 2002 or spring 2003, were tested for antibodies to WNV by HI assay, and subsequently by plaque reduction virus neutralization (PRVN) if the HI test was positive (8).