Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
D2R acts by ligand-dependent signalling through two major systems: the G-proteins, and the Arrestin proteins (Arr-s).
G-proteins trigger a great many cellular processes.
3) Examples of drugs that act via G-proteins are opioids, ranitidine (used to decrease acid secretion in the stomach), and beta-agonists such as salbutamol and adrenaline.
Shattil led the way in defining the roles of numerous kinases, scaffold proteins, small G-proteins, and exchange factors in outside-in integrin signaling platelets.
discoideum; methods for measuring spatiotemporal dynamics of chemoattractant concentrations, activation of receptors, heterotrimeric G-proteins, small G-protein Ras signaling, and actin cytoskeleton assembly using different imaging techniques; and the use of computer-based quantitative models for addressing the complexity of a signaling network.
Recent studies have indicated that organophosphorus pesticides (OPs) may disrupt metabolism by altering the expression or function of adenylyl cyclase (AC; the enzyme that catalyzes the formation of cAMP from ATP) or G-protein-coupled receptors and G-proteins involved in the AC signaling cascade.
Statins decrease the products of the mevalonate pathway, including geranylgeranylpyrophosphate, which is required for the activity of small G-proteins (3).
the production of aldosterone was previously thought to be solely the result of the activation of G-proteins.
The G-proteins are so named because they can bind the nucleotides GTP and GDP When a neurotransmitter binds to the receptor, the exchange of GTP for GDP at the intracellular side of the protein is accelerated, and this causes the G-protein to separate into two parts (the [alpha]-and [beta]/[gamma]-subunits), which dissociate from the receptor protein.
Known for its enabling, innovative solutions to help understand the biology of kinases, chromatin, g-proteins and cytokines, Upstate's advanced cell biology tools - drug screening services, enzymes, state specific antibodies, siRNA kits, multiplex assays are used by thousands of customers worldwide, every day to accelerate improving human health.
As all components of the AC activation pathway (GPCR-s, G-proteins, and AC) are membrane-bound proteins, the signal transduction has to function also in cell membrane preparations.
ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF G-PROTEINS IN REGULATION OF ECDYSTEROIDOGENESIS IN BLUE CRAB (CALLINECTES SAPIDUS) Y-ORGANS.
Medical browser ?
- Graaf, Reijnier de
- Graaff-Reinet disease
- graafian follicle
- grab bar
- grab sample
- grace period
- graceful degradation of care
- Gracey curet
- Gracey curette
- Gracilaria confervoides
- Gracile Australopithecines
- gracile fasciculus
- gracile habitus
Full browser ?
- G-protein coupled receptor 98
- G-protein coupled receptor 99
- G-protein coupled receptor affecting testicular descent
- G-protein coupled receptor for asthma susceptibility
- G-protein coupled receptor HG38
- G-protein coupled receptor HM74A
- G-protein coupled receptor HM74B
- G-protein coupled receptor KPG_012
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR14
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR18
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR19
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR20
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR23
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR24
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR27
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR28
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR3
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR4
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR5
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR6
- G-protein coupled receptor PGR8
- G-protein coupled receptor RDC1 homolog
- G-protein coupled receptor RE2
- G-protein coupled receptor SALPR
- G-protein coupled receptor ZAQ
- G-protein-coupled receptor
- G-protein-coupled receptor GT01
- G-protein-coupled receptor STRL33
- G-Protein-Gated Inwardly Rectifying K+
- G-protein-linked receptor
- G-Quadruplex Interactive Agent
- G-series nerve agents
- G-Social Designs
- G-Star Raw Denim