Five Element acupuncture
Five Element acupunctureChinese medicine
The most established form of acupuncture, based on the five elements (fire, earth, metal, water and wood), which undergo cyclical transformations from one to another; health is achieved if the life energy flows in an uninterrupted manner. The body is divided into five organ systems corresponding to these five elements:
• Wood corresponds to the liver and gallbladder;
• Fire corresponds to the heart and small intestine;
• Earth corresponds to the stomach and spleen;
• Metal corresponds to the lungs and large intestine;
• Water corresponds to the kidneys and bladder.