FMS


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

FMS

abbr.
1. false-memory syndrome
2. fibromyalgia syndrome

FMS

Abbreviation for:
Faculty of Medical Science 
fat-mobilising substance
Federal Monitoring Survey
fibromyalgia syndrome
financial management system, see there

FMS

Fibromyalgia syndrome, see there.

FMS,

n fibromyalgia syndrome, a disease primarily indicated by extensive tenderness and pain affecting muscles, tendons, joints, and soft tissues; can develop as a singular condition or concurrently with other conditions like rheumatoid arthritis or lupus.

Patient discussion about FMS

Q. Is FMS heredetery? My mother was diagnosed with FMS and I would like to know what are the chances I’ll have it too.

A. Hereditary is not the right term. It’s not a genetic disease but The cause of fibromyalgia remains elusive. However, recent studies show that genetic factors can predispose individuals to a genetic susceptibility to fibromyalgia.

Q. Is there a special diet for FMS I heard that there is a connection between my diet and FMS- what is it? And what should I eat or not eat (that is the question ? )

A. My neighbor next door has this - he always looks so tired! I will tell him abot this link _Laura_ - thanks.

Q. Had FMS for almost twenty years now, tried almost everything. Is Lyrica in the "steroid" family? Any one in this community could help me? I have given my few questions to find out an answer. I Had FMS for almost twenty years now, tried almost everything. I'm considering Lyrica but I'd like more info. Is Lyrica in the "steroid" family? If you go on Lyrica for a while & see no improvement with pain, is going off of it a big deal like with other med's, or can you simply just stop taking it? I take Ambien, will that have any interactions? I'm seeing my Doc about this at the end of the month, but I was hoping to get some personal experiences about it. Thanks for any thoughts! Thanks for your answers, keep them coming!

A. according to this-
http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
there is a moderate interaction. that means you can take them both but be checked regularly for depression of breath.

More discussions about FMS
References in periodicals archive ?
NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support (WSS) plays a key role in FMS by providing FMS case management for more than 720 Follow-On Supply Support cases, with a total value of $4.
FMS solutions deliver measurable improvements in asset utilization, safety and security, and productivity with rapid ROI.
Government sells billions of dollars of defense articles and services to foreign governments through the FMS program.
It should be noted that the sleep pattern for a clinically depressed patient is distinctly different from that found in an FMS or a CFS patient.
There is a general feeling that US FMS suppliers lack the hands-on experience of running an FMS," the report continues.
AF/XP led the sourcing of aircraft; AF/IL led the sourcing of spares; AFSAC and AFSAT put the pseudo FMS case together; AMC prepared and moved the aircraft; CENTAF deployed the needed personnel and developed the CONOPS; and many others contributed to the project.
Mobile network operators: understand the current extent of FMS, its implications for revenue, and the steps that can be taken to maximise the benefits, and minimise the risks, of FMS.
FMS tracking modules installed in vehicles provide fleet managers with GPS location, direction, and speed information as well as vehicle performance data.
The Ministry of Defense is in the midst of major restructuring that will have significant impacts on the way business is conducted with regards to FMS and commercial purchases of defense articles and services.
The FMS customer has the option to select between three different levels of service (LOSs) for each supply and maintenance/repair requisition.
Following the completion of the minority stock offering and the merger, approximately 55 percent of Beneficial Mutual Bancorp's outstanding common stock will be held by its parent, Beneficial Savings Bank, MHC, a mutual holding company; and the remaining 45 percent will be held by subscribers to Beneficial's minority stock offering and the former shareholders of FMS Financial Corporation.
The FMS Wertmanagement AE[micro]R (FMS-WM or client) is an organizationally and financially independent, part legal entity under public law within the Federal Agency for Financial Market Stabilisation (FMSA).