xerography

(redirected from Electrophotography)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

xeroradiography

 [ze″ro-ra″de-og´rah-fe]
the making of radiographs by a dry, totally photoelectric process, using metal plates coated with a semiconductor such as selenium; the image produced by this process differs from conventional x-ray in that margins between tissues of varying densities are more clearly defined. Hence, xeroradiography is especially beneficial in the diagnosis of breast tumors. It does, however, require higher doses of radiation. Called also xerography.
negative mode xeroradiography a xeroradiographic image that is blue and white but that has been reversed so that white represents the dense areas.
positive mode xeroradiography a xeroradiographic image that is blue and white, with blue representing the dense areas.

xe·ro·ra·di·og·ra·phy

(zē'rō-rā'dē-og'ră-fē),
Radiography using a specially coated charged plate instead of x-ray film, developing with a dry powder rather than liquid chemicals, and transferring the powder image onto paper for a permanent record; edge enhancement is inherent.
Synonym(s): xerography

xerography

/xe·rog·ra·phy/ (ze-rog´rah-fe) xeroradiography.

xerography

xe·ro·ra·di·og·ra·phy

(zē'rō-rā'dē-og'ră-fē)
Radiography using a specially coated charged plate instead of x-ray film, developing with a dry powder rather than liquid chemicals, and transferring the powder image onto paper for a permanent record; edge enhancement is inherent.
Synonym(s): xerography.

xerography, (zirog´rəfē),

n a dry radiologic process in which an image is made on a metal plate coated with powdered selenium. The plate is electrically charged in a dark room. Exposure to light or roentgen rays causes the charge to be redistributed in a pattern proportional to the intensity of exposure in various areas of the plate. When “developed” in a cloud of charged particles, the particles are attracted to the areas discharged by radiation, producing the equivalent of a photographic negative.

xerography

xeroradiography.
References in periodicals archive ?
That could lead to the integration of Electrophotography and Ink Jet printing technology.
But of a projected total printing output of $177 billion in 2i )17, inkjet's share will still only be 8% and that of electrophotography 12%, or a combined 20% for digital printing as a whole.
Indirect electrophotography print with ElectroInk compared with the offset print made with the higher share of renewable raw materials in the ink has larger gamut.
Electrophotography is expected to generate about 40 percent of the total PFP output value: about $13 billion in 2002, growing to almost $20 billion by 2007.
and coauthor were investigating the impact of the conditions in the digital printing based on electrophotography with solid and liquid toner, model of the printing machine in particular printing technique and the composition of the substrate on the efficiency of deinking and optical characteristics of the recycled fibers (Bolanca & Bolanca, 2005).
The technique of electrophotography (EP) is the most complicated printing process (it is performed in 7 phases).
In this three part virtual seminar series, digital printing expert John Oliver of Innov8 Consulting will explain the digital printing process, covering both Electrophotography and Ink Jet Printing.
Powdered polymeric systems find use in a diverse range of applications including 100% solids decorative and functional coatings, semiconductor molding compounds, electrophotography, and powder printing technologies.
Strategies noted in the study that while the biggest market for inkjet technology is clearly display signage, over the course of the study time frame (2006-2011), inkjet systems will be developed with the intent of challenging both electrophotography and analog print technologies.
Standard laser printers work on the principle of electrophotography, where fine polymeric toner powder is picked up and precisely deposited on a substrate, usually paper, using electrostatic forces.
Digital processes include electrophotography, inkjet, electrocoagulation, magnetography and iconography, which use both rollfed and sheetfed technologies.
These types of binary systems are composed of a glass polymer matrix and photoelectrically active molecules dispersed in it, forming organic photoconductors of great technological application, particularly in electrophotography, Kanemitsu (2).