domain knowledge

(redirected from Domain of knowledge)

domain knowledge

Medical education A format for acquiring knowledge based on rote memorization of large blocks of information–eg, the findings of a particular disease. Cf Socratic method.
References in classic literature ?
The ideas of religious liberty and freedom of conscience merely gave expression to the sway of free competition within the domain of knowledge.
By collaborating with Five9 in the delivery of cognitive capabilities, IBM hopes to empower a community of cognitive builders in Vietnam, and change the way people in Vietnam extend their expertise across any domain of knowledge to solve complex problems.
The remaining three volumes encompass the scope of design activities in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries and adopt a thematic rather than chronological approach in which design is acknowledged as an emerging domain of knowledge with its own specificity, problems, and shared assumptions.
Delving deeper into the domain of knowledge, McCarthy reveals how small can, indeed, be beautiful - or ugly - for business, too.
Khartoum, July 16 (SUNA) - The President of the Republic, Field Marshal Omer Al-Bashir, has affirmed the state's keenness to boost innovators in all domain of knowledge.
The cognitive level of 114 MCQs (76%) was at recall level while remaining 36 MCQs (24%) were of interpretation of data and there was no MCQ evaluating problem solving domain of knowledge (Table-I).
Creativity can be applied to every domain of knowledge and must be seen as an important competence.
8221; For the past twelve years, KMWorld has created a list of the 100 companies that demonstrate an unwavering commitment to their customers and the domain of knowledge management.
For his part, the Korean minister stressed that the Republic of Korea is aspiring to more scientific and economic bilateral relations with the Kingdom, particularly in this significant domain of knowledge and industry related to peaceful use of nuclear energy, notably that the Republic of Korea is depending on nuclear energy to generate 40 per cent of its power needs, through already functioning 20 reactors as well as another 14 reactors, currently under design or construction.
The global commons establishes a universal expectation that a domain of knowledge is available to all worldwide, and that what would be considered a professional application of that domain can reasonably be expected to be considered professional elsewhere.
Subsequent conceptual analysis then aims to re-construct such underlying cross-domain mappings, to the extent that the domain of knowledge is seen as structured by the domains of water, see, soil, ships, resources and so on (cf.
from the domain of knowledge that must be taught by the knowledge institutions ofWestern society" (p.