SGK3(redirected from Cisk)
Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
SGK3A gene on chromosome 8q12 that encodes a serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in regulating various ion channels and membrane transporters involved in cell growth, survival and proliferation. It is highly expressed in the pancreas, kidneys, liver, heart and brain.
• Na+ channels—e.g., SCNN1A/ENAC and SCN5A;
• K+ channels—e.g., KCNA3/Kv1.3, KCNE1, KCNQ1 and KCNH2/HERG;
• Amino acid transporters—e.g., SLC1A5/ASCT2 and SLC6A19;
• Epithelial Ca2+ channels—e.g., TRPV5 and TRPV6;
• Chloride channel—e.g., BSND
• Creatine transporter—e.g., SLC6A8;
• Glutamate transporter—e.g., SLC1A3/EAAT1, SLC1A6/EAAT4 and SLC1A7/EAAT5;
• Glutamate receptors—e.g., GRIA1/GLUR1 and GRIK2/GLUR6;
• Na+-dependent phosphate cotransporter—e.g., SLC34A2/NAPI-2B;
• Na+/dicarboxylate cotransporter—e.g., SLC13A2/NADC1;
• Na+/H+ exchanger—e.g., SLC9A3/NHE3; and
• Na+/K+ ATPase.