Carney's complex | definition of Carney's complex by Medical dictionary
Carney's complex Cardiology A variable clinical complex of mucocutaneous, visceral, and endocrine disorders, defined by ≥ 2 of the following
- Cardiac myxoma
- Cutaneous myxoma
- Mammary myxoid fibroma
- Spotty mucocutaneous pigmentation
- Lentigines, blue, junctional or compound nevi
- Primary pigmented nodular adrenocortical disease
- testicular tumor
- large cell calcifying Sertoli cell tumors, often bilateral/multicentric
- Pituitary hGH-secreting tumor
- –Acromegaly or gigantism (MCP 1986; 61:165)
References in periodicals archive
1) Carney's complex, a neuroendocrine-cardiac syndrome is a common cause of familial recurrent cardiac myxomas.
Familial recurrent atrial myxoma: Carney's complex.