CFU


Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

CFU

abbr.
colony-forming unit

CFU

Abbreviation for colony-forming unit.

CFU

see colony-forming units.
References in periodicals archive ?
The script for the narration was written by several longtime CFU collaborators and friends--the British artists and writers Anthony Davies, Emma Hedditch, and Howard Slater--based on a series of group conversations.
The CFU's financial statement for the end of 2010 reveals it had net debts of $242,000 , including $376,000 owed to Warner - who had been the CFU president - for a loan he made to the organisation.
Warner and Bin Hammam have been suspended pending the investigation into allegations they paid bribes at a meeting of CFU officials in Trinidad on May 10 and 11.
Since this was an extraordinary meeting of the CFU, Mr Bin Hammam found it correct and insisted to pay the travelling and accommodation expenses of the delegates as well as the overall costs of the conference.
When comparing the ingredients in Splenda, maltodextrin had higher CFU per mL (mean: 9721346 CFU/mL) values than Splenda (mean: 8401346 CFU/mL) at 24 hours.
With the standard plate count method, all distinct CFU on the surface of the medium are counted either with the naked eye or with the aid of magnification to some degree.
The CFU action is a racist and fascist approach of wanting to continue white dominance in this country,' he said, charging that there was a conspiracy to wipe out indigenous Zimbabweans.
They did not attack the farm manager, whose family was away, but ordered him to leave, a CFU spokesman said.
Control samples that had not been irradiated showed microbial counts of 220,000 CFU and yeast, 1,400 CFU.
MUD has agreed to purchase approximately 94% of the gas to be delivered to CPEP with the remaining 6% going to CFU.
coli O157:H7 to a final level of approximately 7 log CFU per gram.
It is my pleasure today to recognise 19 CFU volunteers with the 10-year-service award for their continued service since joining the ACT Fire & Rescue (ACTF&R) CFU program in its inception following the tragic 2003 Canberra firestorm," Mr Corbell said.