Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
bot(bot) the larva of botflies, which may be parasitic in the stomach of animals and sometimes humans.
1. The parasitic larva of a botfly.
2. bots(used with a sing. or pl. verb) A disease of mammals, especially cattle and horses, caused by infestation of the stomach or intestines with botfly larvae.
botA computer term variously defined as
(1) Software code which performs a task over a computer network;
(2) A graphical synthetic agent that colonises and interacts in a virtual world;
(3) A computer program which automatically looks for information on the Internet.
botAn informal term for a mild illness in humans.
Patient discussion about bot
Q. I get the most from her company than from the bottle. My wife is 2 months pregnant. I love to drink only if she gives company. I get the most from her company than from the bottle. Is it okay to drink when pregnant?
A. If you love your wife, you ought not drink in front of her. She shouldn't be drinking either, for the health of the baby. After all, what the mother consumes, the baby does too. I don't think there is a magic filter protecting the baby other than what the mother does. I wish you both well.More discussions about bot