References in periodicals archive ?
Although the Afrikaaners recognized the certain end of apartheid, there was violent disagreement among the liberation groups as to the nature of the new constitutional order.
Boer farmers moved to the growing towns and cities, and the term Afrikaaners was applied to all whites of Dutch ancestry.
If it can happen to a born-again Christian like Cronje, who was brought up in the firm discipline of an Afrikaaner home and sent to a school where they caned first and asked questions after-wards, it can happen here.
Afrikaaner village that legitimates an ideology of lynching.
The selection process was said to be driven by two criteria: ascriptive (white male, Afrikaaner speaking, Christian-Calvinist), and subjective (supporters of the National Party).
As an Afrikaaner herself, Krog pleads with Afrikaaners to participate in the process of reconciliation.
Above the caves, precarious on a wafer of rock, but in a state of willed oblivion to horrors below the line of sight, white South African society, both English and Afrikaaner, goes its blithe and indifferent way.
My high point working with a small semi-weekly in Middleburg, a conservative Afrikaaner city 100 mile from Johannesburg, where blacks and whites had negotiated creation of an interracial city council.
It is black and white, Zulu and Afrikaaner, Islamic and Dutch Reformist, rich and poor.
Fifty-three of them are occupied by white Afrikaaner men, one black man in charge of CCV Television - those initials stand for Contemporary Cultural Values - and the remainder are white English-speaking males.
The last line of the play, "Now the real performance begins," was hardly spoken before the lights were brought up to a recording of Frank Sinatra singing "The Party's Over," after which the stunned, primarily Afrikaaner, audience filed out in silence.
Thirdly, while any ideological tradition will have its stock of well-established political myths, such as the myths of the Great Trek in Afrikaaner nationalism, it can be argued that the real importance of mythmaking within any given ideological tradition is that it is an ongoing process which constantly assimilates new sets of events to its historical vision -- especially cathartic events, such as wars and revolutions -- so that each new series serves as a hook on to which writers or other publicists representing that tradition hang their interpretation of the past and regenerate their vision of the future.
Medical browser ?
- African Bush
- African endomyocardial fibrosis
- African Enigma
- African Green Monkey Kidney Cell
- African hemorrhagic fever
- African histoplasmosis
- African Holistic Health
- African lymphoma
- African mango
- African relapsing fever
- African rock python
- African sleeping sickness
- African subkingdom
- African swine fever
- African Swine Fever Virus
- African tick bite fever
- African tick fever
- African tick typhus
- African tick-bite fever
- African trypanosome
- African trypanosomiasis
- African Woodbine
- Africanised Bee
- Africanized honeybee
- after potential
- after ripening
- after-baby blues
- after-coming head
Full browser ?
- Africans Unite Against AIDS Globally
- Africanus, Sextus Julius
- Africentric Personal Development Shop, Inc.
- Africo Resources Ltd.
- Africom Cyberspace Engagement
- Africraft Integrated Company Limited
- Africus Institute for Contemporary Art
- Afrifa, Akwazi Amankwa
- Afrigid Culture
- Afrika Mashariki Gold Mines, Ltd.
- Afrika, Caribisch Gebied en de Stille Zuidzee
- Afrika, Karibik und Pazifischer Raum
- Afrika-Vereniging van de Rijksuniversiteit Gent
- Afrikaans Language
- Afrikaans Language
- Afrikaanse Christelike Vroue Vereeniging
- Afrikaanse Handelsinstituut
- Afrikaanse Protestante Kerk
- Afrikaanse Studente Bond
- Afrikaanse Taal en Kultuurvereniging
- Afrikaanse Taalgenootskap
- Afrikaanse Taalvereniging
- Afrikaj Indigenaj Virinaj Organizajoj
- Afrikan Bogaevskii
- Afrikan Krishtofovich
- Afrikan Kultural Arts Network
- Afrikan Nikolaevich Krishtofovich
- Afrikan Petrovich Bogaevskii
- Afrikan World Reparations and Repatriation Truth Commission
- Afrikan Youth in Norway